Last updated on January 17th, 2023 at 04:24 pm
Amazon has provided vast opportunities for sellers or even people who just want to earn money without putting in as much investment and effort. The world has completely changed and shifted to online platforms, which has made shopping and selling the online essence of life. This has made everyone turn to Amazon not just to buy but sell too. The customers have developed an excellent relationship with Amazon where they absolutely trust the ecommerce platform for the products and customer service. The resellers or new sellers can leverage this and make money reselling items on Amazon.
Reselling on Amazon is essentially one of the easiest gateways to starting your own business, and most people have started with just that. It allows you to sell products on Amazon and get access to millions of customers. It is interesting to know that about half of all the products that are sold on Amazon are from third-party sellers and not from Amazon alone. With Fulfillment by Amazon, you can store your products in these fulfilment centres, which will pack, ship, and provide customer service for those products. In this article, we will look into how to make money reselling items on Amazon FBA. You will be shocked to know how much money you can make if you do this correctly.
How to Make Money Reselling Items on Amazon FBA?
Given that you are reselling, there are various ways in which you can gain access and sell on Amazon. You can choose to list products on the platform and fulfil it by FBA. It is the most efficient and hands-off way to store, pack and ship your products. There are, however, various ways in which you can source products to resell on Amazon. Some of the most popular ones are:
Retail Arbitrage: This is one of the easiest methods to start on Amazon and eventually establish an ecommerce business. You essentially purchase products from retail stores and sell them on Amazon at higher prices. The strategy is to look for products that are at a discount. You can do that by going to big-box retailers. Large retailers generally rotate large amounts of merchandise at very steep discounts that can go as high as 80 or 90% discounts when on clearance. You can compare by scanning the barcodes of items. These have a shallow financial barrier to enter and are an excellent place to start.
Online Arbitrage: This is very similar to retail arbitrage, and you can take advantage of the difference in pricing between the other stores and Amazon. This includes buying overstock products in large quantities from online liquidation outlets.
Wholesale: When you sell wholesale, you purchase products from manufacturers or distributors in bulk and resell them on Amazon at a markup. This is lucrative if you can negotiate a good deal, where you become the only seller to sell the particular product on Amazon and gain control of the market.
These are some of the best ways to make money reselling items on Amazon FBA. However, it is suggested to be more focused on manufacturers or wholesalers because it makes growing your business easy. If you are starting to resell on Amazon, you can look at various strategies because it would not require you to commit a lot of capital to your future business. Once you get a fair idea about how to resell, you can shift to bigger orders via manufacturers or wholesalers.
The most important thing to remember when trying to make money reselling items on Amazon is to look for items that have high-profit margins. You have to make it look appealing to the customers, list it under various categories, and add the most relevant keywords. You have to constantly check with retailers so that you do not lose on a good discount.
What Products to resell to make money reselling items on Amazon FBA?
There are various products under the best selling categories that you can consider selling. Given that they are the best selling, you already know that there is a great market for these. You just would have to figure out how to make your products seem appealing to this market. Some of the best-selling product category options on Amazon are:
- Apparels and Accessories
- Hair Care
- Home Decor
How to Select Products to Resell on Amazon FBA?
It is important to do a thorough research of the market, the niche, the target audience, and more before you start reselling on Amazon. You have to spend a lot of time finding the best products to sell and look into the very minute details of the same. We have already mentioned checking the best selling category list to find the best products to sell on Amazon. Other than that, the best practices include:
Using a Keyword Research Tool: Use data-driven Amazon keyword research tools to help validate product demands and show the search volume of your products. It easily shows you the number of people that are looking for a specific product.
Find Low Competition Keywords: If you want to drive traffic to the product you wish to sell on Amazon, you have to find low competition keywords that trigger ads on Google.
Find Product Market Gaps using Amazon Reviews: When you are trying to decide what items to sell on Amazon, you must know what the customers want. Some vendors might have the resources for focus groups to get feedback on the products. A lot of vendors do not have the same, so you have to mine through Amazon’s reviews to sell what you must sell on Amazon and why. It will provide a firsthand look at what people appreciate and hate about a product, and you can use this information to decide what product you sell.
Look for Products on Alibaba: It is important to figure out the kinds of products that are big sellers. You have to review the top product label product ideas and once you know the ones that are lucrative, look them up on Alibaba.
List of Software to Help You Resell Items on Amazon
Here is a list of Amazon FBA software tools often used by the top sellers to increase sales and advertising ROI.
1. Helium10: Best Amazon FBA Software Tool
Helium 10 provides you with everything you need to sell on Amazon and more. With this one platform, you can easily manage and grow a thriving e-commerce business. It is the industry’s first all-in-one software that conducts more powerful product research. They help you find thousands of listings in just seconds, and you will be able to write listings in the best way. With the software, you’ll be able to manage your business effortlessly. You can use their accurate analytics to power your decision-making process and market your business with utmost confidence.
- Helps you easily find a product with their robust database and helps quickly validate your product’s success.
- Helps source everything from backend keywords to low-competition phrases and more.
- Provides a smart guide to lead you through the listing creation process, and their easy-to-use tools allow you to pack your listings with hundreds of keywords.
- With non-stop monitoring, you know what’s happening with your products, seller account, and markets, and the built-in security tools keep you a step ahead of malicious threats.
- Provides all kinds of analytics in clear, easy-to-read graphs.
- It helps pull outside traffic and drive Amazon customers and their PPC management and automation, allowing you to grow your revenue with minimal effort.
Pricing: Their Starter Plan will cost you $39 each month. Their Platinum Plan will cost you $99 each month. Their Diamond Plan will cost you $199 each month. Their Enterprise plan provides custom plans.
2. Zen Arbitrage: Best Book Flipping Software for Amazon FBA
Zen Arbitrage is the best tool for online arbitrage automation for Amazon sellers. It is a nifty tool that scans Amazon for profitable products and helps you profit without any inventory and experience. They offer a virtual business in a box, which includes everything you need. They allow you to scan and find excellent opportunities and profit from the difference. They offer the best features with absolute simplicity and an easy-to-use dashboard.
- Provides the most detailed arbitrage training and real-time coaching.
- Helps build a truly virtual business that you can run from anywhere in the world.
- Offers pre-sorted lists of profitable products so that you can skin searching.
- Offers built-in tracking to track all sales and profits.
- Offers real-time Amazon data which is accurate.
- Offers a whole suite of profit-boosting tools and various profitable streams.
Pricing: You can get Zen Arbitrage for just $97 a month. You can get both Zen Arbitrage and Zen Trade for $125 a month.
3. BuyBotPro: Best FBA Calculator for Reselling Items on Amazon
With BuyBotPro, you can automate your online arbitrage deal analysis. It is a fully automated FBA calculator for Amazon sellers, which helps automate your online arbitrage, retail arbitrage, wholesale deal analysis and buy decisions. It is a manual sourcing accelerator that saves you time and enables you to make more money.
- Help make your online arbitrage deal analysis faster and easier.
- Shows you your profits after your taxes, fees, and other costs.
- Tells you your BSR percentage and how fast it will likely sell.
- Analyzes your competition and check for Intellectual Property violation.
- Shows you your ROI and predicts sales.
- Uses thousands of data points to analyze a deal for you in seconds.
- Shows a sales chart history with FBA Price, New Price, Amazon Price and Sales Rank for 7 – 360 days.
- Shows all variations for that product, their price, the number of sellers and all fully searchable.
Pricing: One of their plans will cost you $29.95 per month. Their other plan will cost you $39.95 per month.
4. AmzScout: Best Amazon FBA App for Resellers
AMZScout is an excellent product research tool. It provides you with a complete toolset to sell on Amazon. It helps you find profitable low competition products and sources from local and international suppliers databases. They allow you to discover popular and undiscovered product keywords. They provide you with the key with the most realistic overview of trends, saturation, competition, demand and supply. They can help with both dropshipping and FBA and save you a lot of time.
- Helps find and verify profitable products to see if they trend up or down and check competition levels to get sourcing options and improve your listing quality.
- Provides a whole course on how to sell on Amazon profitably.
- Provides 19 of the top 1% profitable products delivered to you weekly.
- Provides reports with Monthly Product Trends, Profitable Niches, Amazon News, Insights and Tips on Maximizing Profit.
- Helps generate profitable product ideas, select the best product out of a profitable niche, check product performance with daily tracking.
- Helps gather the best keywords for your listings to attract customers via search and PPC campaigns.
- Shows organic positions and monitors keyword rankings to run PPC with high output keywords.
Pricing: You can get the Amazon Seller’s Bundle for just $29 per month. The Pro Extension plan will cost you $16.49 per month.
5. JungleScout: Best Amazon FBA Tool for Reselling Products
With Jungle Scout, you can unlock your Amazon potential. It is the leading all-in-one platform for finding, launching, and selling Amazon products. It is the best resource for data-driven product research and handles all the heavy lifting on big analytics. It has helped thousands of sellers avoid failure and helps sellers decide what to sell.
- Helps uncover high-demand, low-competition keywords and find products with maximum profit potential on Amazon.
- Helps identify trends and filter opportunities using AI-driven insights so you can confidently craft your product strategy.
- Helps save and monitor product ideas, so you never lose out on an opportunity and track a product or group of products to evaluate sales over time and spot trends, unexpected spikes, and seasonality.
- Helps narrow your search with the most comprehensive product research filters, as well as a profit calculator to help you compare price, revenue, and FBA fees for each product opportunity.
Pricing: Their Start-up suite plan will cost you $189 per month. Their Entrepreneur Suite will cost you $349 per month. You can get the Freedom Builder Bootcamp for just $999 for a year.
6. ZonGuru: Best Amazon FBA Marketing Tool
ZonGuru aims to provide the most accurate data and estimations. They provide the most accurate data insights and automation to grow your Amazon business. With their Product research tool, you can find your next best-selling product quickly and easily.
- Helps maximise sales by showing where to put the keywords and images to drive sales.
- Offers simple UI and robust and accurate data to show how your business is doing.
- Helps connect with customers to keep them returning.
- Offers Niche Finder, which is the most effective way to generate product ideas.
- Helps craft the perfect listing backed by accurate data.
Pricing: Their Researcher plan will cost you $24 per month. Their Seller plan starts from $38 per month.
Before you jump into reselling, always compare the product ideas using concrete data. If you review the available data, you will be able to find very important information. Also, make it a point to compare the purchase prices and find the absolute best purchase price. You must try to avoid big brands because it limits your market. Reselling on Amazon is a great way to generate some extra income online. You can undoubtedly turn it into a very profitable business if you put in effort and time.
Limited Offers: On Growth Tools for Your Ecommerce Business
- All in One Amazon Sellers Tools: Helium 10, AmzScout, JungleScout, Zonguru
- FBA Arbitrage Calculator: BuyBotPro, Zen Arbitrage
- Product Sourcing Tools: Source Mogul, ASINspector,
- Ebay Seller Tools: Salesfreak, Zikanalytics,
- Dropshipping Tools: Oagenius, AutoDS
- Shipping Automation Tool: Sendcloud
- PPC Advertising: PixelMe, Teikametrics, Zontools
I and my team research various online verticals and can help you kickstart your Amazon business; so you could rake in more greenbacks with the best-recommended tools. Tap into the power of online retail business with me. I am just a mail away, so reach out to me if you want to scale up your niche business. mail: [email protected]