Last updated on April 19th, 2022 at 05:11 am
The most significant advantage you will have as someone who is starting out on the internet is that you do not necessarily have to figure out everything on your own. There are various tools and resources that can guide you through the process. Also, there are various platforms that you can leverage to make your business profitable.
Amazon is certainly the most powerful online selling platform currently. It accounts for about 39% of all ecommerce retail sales in 2020 at over $260 billion and is still growing in 2021. Analysts have predicted that by 2026, their overall revenue will double. Amazon has also branched into various industries other than retail. They have their own entertainment streaming service. They partner with technology companies, and they also have brick-and-mortar retail stores now.
Opportunities for Amazon Third-Party Sellers
The best feature of Amazon’s business model is that it allows you to sell products on its site so that you can use its brand’s immense reach and influence. They have offered this opportunity under third-party selling.
If you choose to go down this route, you will be in good company. In 2021’s first quarter, third-part sales became a majority, and about 55% of their sales were made through third-party sellers. In their 2020 Small Business Impact report, they showed that they had shipped out more than 3.4 billion third-party items in one year.
Amazon offers a very lucrative opportunity to third-party sellers, and their sales account for billions in sales each year. Even if you already have your own website, you can still expand your distribution to Amazon, and it will help you reach more potential customers and increase sales of the first-time customers who are reluctant to shop on the lesser-known sites.
Advantages of Selling on Amazon
Some of the most significant advantages of being an Amazon seller are:
Amazon has really good traffic. Amazon was visited over 2 billion months every month in 2020. Thus, you can understand what an opportunity Amazon provides and how this can be a great way to reach both new and first-time customers.
If you use Amazon’s seller platform, you do not have to worry about setting up an online website. You just have to fit your products into the templates for best functionality and quick display.
Instead of buying postal supplies and building shipping procedures from scratch, you can just follow the online drop shipping business and Amazon will handle the orders, delivery, etc.
The biggest problem for anyone who is an entrepreneur on the internet is getting prospects to trust you and to make a purchase. When you operate under Amazon, there is already immense built-in trust.
How to be Profitable as a New Amazon Seller?
You have to remember that even when Amazon makes the selling process easy, you still have to put in work to make your products sell. To make good money as a seller on Amazon, you have to keep some things in mind.
Market Actively: You cannot just list products on Amazon and hope that people come across your products. You have to be proactively market your products. You need to market your products on social media, blogs, email marketing, or any such method that seems suitable for your product. Other than that, you can also incorporate tools and apps that will better user engagement with products like chatbots or surveys.
Pick the Right Niche: When you run a business on Amazon, you have to sell products that people actually find interest in. You have to know about the trends in your industry and incorporate those in your business’s presence. For long-term success, you need to be focused on products that are always strong in the market.
Know your Competitors: It is essential to know what others in your niche are doing. See how they price their products and what kind of marketing techniques they use, how they present and describe their products. It is best you keep up with the market to stay profitable and not be stagnant. The best way to do research is to read the reviews and see how people respond to the products.
Best Product to Sell on Amazon as a New Seller to Make Money
If you wish to sell on Amazon and succeed in the same, you have to target the best product categories and sell items that will possibly empty out your inventory quickly. You have to be careful about the product to make sales happen, irrespective of whether you handle everything on your own or use Fulfillment by Amazon.
Some of the best-selling product category options on Amazon are:
- Apparels and Accessories
- Hair Care
- Home Decor
How to Find a Product to Sell on Amazon as a New Seller?
Before you sell products on Amazon, you have to find inventory to sell. The way to do that and find out which is the most profitable product to choose is:
1. Keyword Research Tool: It is important that the first step is finding items to sell on Amazon and using data-driven Amazon keyword research tools. These will help validate product demands and show the search volume of your products. It easily shows you the number of people that are looking for a specific product.
2. Find Low competition keywords: If you want to drive traffic to the product you wish to sell on Amazon, you have to find low competition keywords that trigger ads on Google.
3. Find Product Market Gaps using Amazon Reviews: When you are trying to decide what items to sell on Amazon, you must know what the customers want. Some vendors might have the resources for focus groups to get feedback on the products. A lot of vendors do not have the same, so you have to mine through Amazon’s reviews to sell what you must sell on Amazon and why. It will provide a firsthand look at what people appreciate and hate about a product, and you can use this information to decide what product you sell.
4. Look for white-label products on Alibaba: If you wish to sell white label products, it is important to figure out the kinds of products that are big sellers. You have to review the top product label product ideas and once you know the ones that are lucrative, look them up on Alibaba.
5. Best Seller Categories: You must see the sellers that are big hits when it comes to Amazon. Check out the best sellers in all categories, and this will help you select your inventory to sell too.
Is the Amazon Business a Good Option to Make Money?
When you are trying to decide if pursuing an Amazon business is the best route to take, you must know that selling on Amazon is a great way to just get started in the online business. Selling on Amazon, irrespective of whether you handle the duties yourself or use FBA will be a great way to introduce products that have a differentiated feature.
How to Decide What to Sell on Amazon as a New Seller to Make Money?
It is important to narrow down the products that you sell on Amazon. If you are still considering the options and need help, this is what you should do.
Use the best data available: Before you pick out a product to sell online, you must compare the product ideas with the use of concrete data. If you review the available data, you will be able to find information like volume, keywords, which will prepare you to sell on Amazon. Check the market size, Amazon search volume, Google search volume, and such.
Check potential profit margins: You have to compare the wholesale and retail prices and find the best purchase price. You will get options when it comes to purchasing the least expensive products and getting the best margin when selling on Amazon.
Avoid Big Brands: When you are looking for specific categories of products, avoid categories that cater to big brands, especially Amazon brands. When you compete against big brands that sell on Amazon, you set up a less lucrative product market. You have to make a name against the competition and sell inventory faster.
Toolkit to Help You Sell on Amazon as a New Seller
Here is a list of Amazon FBA software tools often used by the top sellers to increase sales and advertising ROI.
1. Helium10: Best Amazon FBA Software Tool
Helium 10 provides you with everything you need to sell on Amazon and more. With this one platform, you can easily manage and grow a thriving e-commerce business. It is the industry’s first all-in-one software that conducts more powerful product research. They help you find thousands of listings in just seconds, and you will be able to write listings in the best way. With the software, you’ll be able to manage your business effortlessly. You can use their accurate analytics to power your decision-making process and market your business with utmost confidence.
- Helps you easily find a product with their robust database and helps quickly validate your product’s success.
- Helps source everything from backend keywords to low-competition phrases and more.
- Provides a smart guide to lead you through the listing creation process, and their easy-to-use tools allow you to pack your listings with hundreds of keywords.
- With non-stop monitoring, you know what’s happening with your products, seller account, and markets, and the built-in security tools keep you a step ahead of malicious threats.
- Provides all kinds of analytics in clear, easy-to-read graphs.
- It helps pull outside traffic and drive Amazon customers and their PPC management and automation, allowing you to grow your revenue with minimal effort.
Pricing: Their Starter Plan will cost you $39 each month. Their Platinum Plan will cost you $99 each month. Their Diamond Plan will cost you $199 each month. Their Enterprise plan provides custom plans.
2. Zen Arbitrage: Best Amazon FBA Book Arbitrage Software
Zen Arbitrage is the best tool for online arbitrage automation for Amazon sellers. It is a nifty tool that scans Amazon for profitable products and helps you profit without any inventory and experience. They offer a virtual business in a box, which includes everything you need. They allow you to scan and find excellent opportunities and profit from the difference. They offer the best features with absolute simplicity and an easy-to-use dashboard.
- Provides the most detailed arbitrage training and real-time coaching.
- Helps build a truly virtual business that you can run from anywhere in the world.
- Offers pre-sorted lists of profitable products so that you can skin searching.
- Offers built-in tracking to track all sales and profits.
- Offers real-time Amazon data which is accurate.
- Offers a whole suite of profit-boosting tools and various profitable streams.
Pricing: You can get Zen Arbitrage for just $97 a month. You can get both Zen Arbitrage and Zen Trade for $125 a month.
3. BuyBotPro: Best Amazon FBA Calculator
With BuyBotPro, you can automate your online arbitrage deal analysis. It is a fully automated FBA calculator for Amazon sellers, which helps automate your online arbitrage, retail arbitrage, wholesale deal analysis and buy decisions. It is a manual sourcing accelerator that saves you time and enables you to make more money.
- Help make your online arbitrage deal analysis faster and easier.
- Shows you your profits after your taxes, fees, and other costs.
- Tells you your BSR percentage and how fast it will likely sell.
- Analyzes your competition and check for Intellectual Property violation.
- Shows you your ROI and predicts sales.
- Uses thousands of data points to analyze a deal for you in seconds.
- Shows a sales chart history with FBA Price, New Price, Amazon Price and Sales Rank for 7 – 360 days.
- Shows all variations for that product, their price, the number of sellers and all fully searchable.
Pricing: One of their plans will cost you $29.95 per month. Their other plan will cost you $39.95 per month.
4. AmzScout: Best Amazon FBA App
AMZScout is an excellent product research tool. It provides you with a complete toolset to sell on Amazon. It helps you find profitable low competition products and sources from local and international suppliers databases. They allow you to discover popular and undiscovered product keywords. They provide you with the key with the most realistic overview of trends, saturation, competition, demand and supply. They can help with both dropshipping and FBA and save you a lot of time.
- Helps find and verify profitable products to see if they trend up or down and check competition levels to get sourcing options and improve your listing quality.
- Provides a whole course on how to sell on Amazon profitably.
- Provides 19 of the top 1% profitable products delivered to you weekly.
- Provides reports with Monthly Product Trends, Profitable Niches, Amazon News, Insights and Tips on Maximizing Profit.
- Helps generate profitable product ideas, select the best product out of a profitable niche, check product performance with daily tracking.
- Helps gather the best keywords for your listings to attract customers via search and PPC campaigns.
- Shows organic positions and monitors keyword rankings to run PPC with high output keywords.
Pricing: You can get the Amazon Seller’s Bundle for just $29 per month. The Pro Extension plan will cost you $16.49 per month.
5. JungleScout: Best Amazon FBA Tool
With Jungle Scout, you can unlock your Amazon potential. It is the leading all-in-one platform for finding, launching, and selling Amazon products. It is the best resource for data-driven product research and handles all the heavy lifting on big analytics. It has helped thousands of sellers avoid failure and helps sellers decide what to sell.
- Helps uncover high-demand, low-competition keywords and find products with maximum profit potential on Amazon.
- Helps identify trends and filter opportunities using AI-driven insights so you can confidently craft your product strategy.
- Helps save and monitor product ideas, so you never lose out on an opportunity and track a product or group of products to evaluate sales over time and spot trends, unexpected spikes, and seasonality.
- Helps narrow your search with the most comprehensive product research filters, as well as a profit calculator to help you compare price, revenue, and FBA fees for each product opportunity.
Pricing: Their Start-up suite plan will cost you $189 per month. Their Entrepreneur Suite will cost you $349 per month. You can get the Freedom Builder Bootcamp for just $999 for a year.
6. ZonGuru: Best Amazon FBA Marketing Tool
ZonGuru aims to provide the most accurate data and estimations. They provide the most accurate data insights and automation to grow your Amazon business. With their Product research tool, you can find your next best-selling product quickly and easily.
- Helps maximise sales by showing where to put the keywords and images to drive sales.
- Offers simple UI and robust and accurate data to show how your business is doing.
- Helps connect with customers to keep them returning.
- Offers Niche Finder, which is the most effective way to generate product ideas.
- Helps craft the perfect listing backed by accurate data.
Pricing: Their Researcher plan will cost you $24 per month. Their Seller plan starts from $38 per month.
This guide on what I can sell on Amazon as an Amazon Seller to Make money must have helped you figure out what products to sell on Amazon to be profitable. If you follow these, you will have a high chance of earning a good profit margin. Make sure to understand that the business on Amazon is based on finding popular products and undercutting the competition. Hope this helps.
Limited Offers: On Growth Tools for Your Ecommerce Business
- All in One Amazon Sellers Tools: Helium 10, AmzScout, JungleScout, Zonguru
- FBA Arbitrage Calculator: BuyBotPro, Zen Arbitrage
- Product Sourcing Tools: Source Mogul, ASINspector,
- Ebay Seller Tools: Salesfreak, Zikanalytics,
- Dropshipping Tools: Oagenius, AutoDS
- Shipping Automation Tool: Sendcloud
- PPC Advertising: PixelMe, Teikametrics, Zontools
I and my team research various online verticals and can help you kickstart your Amazon business; so you could rake in more greenbacks with the best-recommended tools. Tap into the power of online retail business with me. I am just a mail away, so reach out to me if you want to scale up your niche business. mail: [email protected]