Last updated on November 15th, 2021 at 04:15 am
The world has shifted to e-commerce in the last two years. The pandemic has made online shopping and selling an essence of life. People have turned to sites like Amazon to both sell and buy. Amazon currently has more than 6 million active sellers worldwide, which goes on to show that selling on Amazon is not just a trend. There are people whose livelihood depends on selling on Amazon. Customers have formed a great relationship with Amazon. The amount of trust they put in here is based on the excellent customer service and products.
Customers do not only sell but reselling on Amazon is also one way to get started in ecommerce. The most common methods to resell are:
- Retail Arbitrage
- Online Arbitrage
Using Amazon to resell products is actually a very famous business. This is primarily because of the profit margin that you can make and the vast audience that you can advertise to. So, people purchase products from retailers or through some online avenue and resell them on Amazon. In this article, we will discuss how to resell items on Amazon FBA.
Can you Resell Products on Amazon FBA?
You can undoubtedly resell products on Amazon irrespective of whether you buy them retail or wholesale. If the products are new and not counterfeit, you can sell them through Amazon.
It is important to note that when you buy something from a store and not a wholesaler or manufacturer, it is not considered to be new anymore, so you have to list it under the category of ‘very good condition’ or ‘used’. If you want to sell new products, you must only purchase through a manufacturer or wholesaler.
If you are selling specific brands like Nike or Adidas, you must know that Amazon has restrictions that are associated with them. There are brands that do not allow their products to be sold on Amazon, and you must consider that before you start your business.
You must use the Amazon seller app and do your research before you start reselling on Amazon. Make sure to purchase and sell a brand that does not have restrictions on it.
How to Resell Products on Amazon FBA?
It is important to understand the ways in which you can resell products on Amazon. The most common ways to do the same are:
Sell Used Products: Generally, there are old products that are lying around your house. You can simply take pictures of those and list them on Amazon. This helps you clear out your home and make some money. But, it is not profitable for long because you will have limited items to sell.
Retail Arbitrage: This is one of the easiest methods that help you become a full-time seller on Amazon, and in time, establish an ecommerce business. Several sellers on Amazon start with this. In this method, you purchase products from retail stores and sell them on Amazon at higher prices. The strategy is to look for products that are at a discount. You can do that by going to big box retailers. Large retailers generally rotate large amounts of merchandise at very steep discounts that can go as high as 80 or 90% discounts when on clearance. You can compare by scanning the barcodes of items. These have a very low financial barrier to enter and are an excellent place to start.
Wholesale: If you are a wholesaler through e-commerce, you would be very similar to the and generally at major discounts. This will give you the benefits of a better profit margin and the assurance that you are buying legitimate products straight from the brands. To wholesale, you have to have a more business-savvy approach.
Manufactures: You can consider buying products directly from manufacturers because this will allow you to form a relationship with the brand. This helps negotiate and get better pricing, and you will be able to make more money and sell good quality products.
You can make profits using any of the aforementioned strategies, but the most successful Amazon FBA resellers choose to be more focused on manufacturers or wholesalers because it makes growing your business easy. If you are starting to resell on Amazon, you can consider different strategies that would not require you to commit a lot of capital to your future business. Once you get a grip on how to resell, you can shift to larger orders via manufacturers or wholesalers.
How to Become an Amazon Reseller?
After you have decided on the kind of items you want to sell, you would have to set yourself up on Amazon. You need to:
- Register: To start, you have to register yourself as an Amazon seller. You will be given two options: a professional seller account or an individual seller account. If the plan is to sell more than 50 items a month, you must use a professional seller. To get started, you have to have an ID, tax information, and a credit card.
- Find the Products: After making a seller account, you have to find the products with a good profit margin. If you select an item that is not as popular or has a good ranking on Amazon, you will find it difficult to make the number of sales you want. Focus on finding items that are popular and not very competitive.
- Rely on Amazon Seller App: If you want to make a profit, you have to rely strongly on the Amazon seller app, which is the best way to create and manage your store from anywhere. As you log into your account the first time, you will be able to set up levels on inventory for each product, and this will help sync with all devices, and this will update everywhere if you make modifications. You must not buy more items that you need, because this will lead to wastage or products will sit around. You need to just put time into selecting items and deciding what amount of stock would be enough based on previous sales data.
- Comply with MAP Software: Make sure your products comply with the standards and rules set by manufacturers and wholesalers. This makes sure you do not run into complications.
How to Make a Profit from Reselling Items on Amazon?
To make a profit from reselling items, you have to look for items that have high-profit margins. You have to do this is to buy items from manufacturers or wholesalers at low prices and then listing them on Amazon at higher prices.
For instance, if you find an item from a wholesaler for about $10. You can offer these products on Amazon at $30 with free shipping and sell this item in a day or two of listing. This leaves you with a $20 profit margin on each item, which is great.
Make sure to list items under various categories, take good pictures, write detailed descriptions, and add keywords to increase visibility in the search results. These will make sure that you can make money from reselling products online. You must constantly check with retailers to make sure you do not lose on a good discount. Make sure you are always on the lookout for good products.
List of Tools to Help You Resell Items on Amazon FBA
Here is a list of Amazon FBA software tools often used by the top sellers to increase sales and advertising ROI.
1. Helium10: Best Amazon FBA Software Tool
Description: Helium 10 provides you with everything you need to sell on Amazon and more. With this one platform, you can easily manage and grow a thriving e-commerce business. It is the industry’s first all-in-one software that conducts more powerful product research. They help you find thousands of listings in just seconds, and you will be able to write listings in the best way. With the software, you’ll be able to manage your business effortlessly. You can use their accurate analytics to power your decision-making process and market your business with utmost confidence.
- Helps you easily find a product with their robust database and helps quickly validate your product’s success.
- Helps source everything from backend keywords to low-competition phrases and more.
- Provides a smart guide to lead you through the listing creation process, and their easy-to-use tools allow you to pack your listings with hundreds of keywords.
- With non-stop monitoring, you know what’s happening with your products, seller account, and markets, and the built-in security tools keep you a step ahead of malicious threats.
- Provides all kinds of analytics in clear, easy-to-read graphs.
- It helps pull outside traffic and drive Amazon customers and their PPC management and automation, allowing you to grow your revenue with minimal effort.
Pricing: Their Starter Plan will cost you $39 each month. Their Platinum Plan will cost you $99 each month. Their Diamond Plan will cost you $199 each month. Their Enterprise plan provides custom plans.
2. Zen Arbitrage: Best Amazon FBA Book Arbitrage Software
Description: Zen Arbitrage is the best tool for online arbitrage automation for Amazon sellers. It is a nifty tool that scans Amazon for profitable products and helps you profit without any inventory and experience. They offer a virtual business in a box, which includes everything you need. They allow you to scan and find excellent opportunities and profit from the difference. They offer the best features with absolute simplicity and an easy-to-use dashboard.
- Provides the most detailed arbitrage training and real-time coaching.
- Helps build a truly virtual business that you can run from anywhere in the world.
- Offers pre-sorted lists of profitable products so that you can skin searching.
- Offers built-in tracking to track all sales and profits.
- Offers real-time Amazon data which is accurate.
- Offers a whole suite of profit-boosting tools and various profitable streams.
Pricing: You can get Zen Arbitrage for just $97 a month. You can get both Zen Arbitrage and Zen Trade for $125 a month.
3. BuyBotPro: Best Amazon FBA Calculator
Description: With BuyBotPro, you can automate your online arbitrage deal analysis. It is a fully automated FBA calculator for Amazon sellers, which helps automate your online arbitrage, retail arbitrage, wholesale deal analysis and buy decisions. It is a manual sourcing accelerator that saves you time and enables you to make more money.
- Help make your online arbitrage deal analysis faster and easier.
- Shows you your profits after your taxes, fees, and other costs.
- Tells you your BSR percentage and how fast it will likely sell.
- Analyzes your competition and check for Intellectual Property violation.
- Shows you your ROI and predicts sales.
- Uses thousands of data points to analyze a deal for you in seconds.
- Shows a sales chart history with FBA Price, New Price, Amazon Price and Sales Rank for 7 – 360 days.
- Shows all variations for that product, their price, the number of sellers and all fully searchable.
Pricing: One of their plans will cost you $29.95 per month. Their other plan will cost you $39.95 per month.
4. AmzScout: Best Amazon FBA App
Description: AMZScout is an excellent product research tool. It provides you with a complete toolset to sell on Amazon. It helps you find profitable low competition products and sources from local and international suppliers databases. They allow you to discover popular and undiscovered product keywords. They provide you with the key with the most realistic overview of trends, saturation, competition, demand and supply. They can help with both dropshipping and FBA and save you a lot of time.
- Helps find and verify profitable products to see if they trend up or down and check competition levels to get sourcing options and improve your listing quality.
- Provides a whole course on how to sell on Amazon profitably.
- Provides 19 of the top 1% profitable products delivered to you weekly.
- Provides reports with Monthly Product Trends, Profitable Niches, Amazon News, Insights and Tips on Maximizing Profit.
- Helps generate profitable product ideas, select the best product out of a profitable niche, check product performance with daily tracking.
- Helps gather the best keywords for your listings to attract customers via search and PPC campaigns.
- Shows organic positions and monitors keyword rankings to run PPC with high output keywords.
Pricing: You can get the Amazon Seller’s Bundle for just $29 per month. The Pro Extension plan will cost you $16.49 per month.
5. JungleScout: Best Amazon FBA Tool
Description: With Jungle Scout, you can unlock your Amazon potential. It is the leading all-in-one platform for finding, launching, and selling Amazon products. It is the best resource for data-driven product research and handles all the heavy lifting on big analytics. It has helped thousands of sellers avoid failure and helps sellers decide what to sell.
- Helps uncover high-demand, low-competition keywords and find products with maximum profit potential on Amazon.
- Helps identify trends and filter opportunities using AI-driven insights so you can confidently craft your product strategy.
- Helps save and monitor product ideas, so you never lose out on an opportunity and track a product or group of products to evaluate sales over time and spot trends, unexpected spikes, and seasonality.
- Helps narrow your search with the most comprehensive product research filters, as well as a profit calculator to help you compare price, revenue, and FBA fees for each product opportunity.
Pricing: Their Start-up suite plan will cost you $189 per month. Their Entrepreneur Suite will cost you $349 per month. You can get the Freedom Builder Bootcamp for just $999 for a year.
6. ZonGuru: Best Amazon FBA Marketing Tool
Description: ZonGuru aims to provide the most accurate data and estimations. They provide the most accurate data insights and automation to grow your Amazon business. With their Product research tool, you can find your next best-selling product quickly and easily.
- Helps maximise sales by showing where to put the keywords and images to drive sales.
- Offers simple UI and robust and accurate data to show how your business is doing.
- Helps connect with customers to keep them returning.
- Offers Niche Finder, which is the most effective way to generate product ideas.
- Helps craft the perfect listing backed by accurate data.
Pricing: Their Researcher plan will cost you $24 per month. Their Seller plan starts from $38 per month.
If the idea is to make extra money, a great way to do the same is to resell Amazon. For reselling, you have to buy products at a lower price and sell it to consumers at higher prices to make a profit. The best practice for reselling is to register as an Amazon seller. This helps you list items at a relatively high price than what it cost you to purchase them from a manufacturer or wholesaler.
When trying to figure out the products you want to sell on Amazon, you must know what niche you want to sell and the target market. Check out the popular items on Amazon and find out ones that do not have high competition. There are various products that you can choose from. The most popular resold ones are clothing, sporting goods, kitchenware, electronics, and more. You must now have a fair idea of reselling items on Amazon FBA and profit from the same business.
Limited Offers: On Growth Tools for Your Ecommerce Business
- All in One Amazon Sellers Tools: Helium 10, AmzScout, JungleScout, Zonguru
- FBA Arbitrage Calculator: BuyBotPro, Zen Arbitrage
- Product Sourcing Tools: Source Mogul, ASINspector,
- Ebay Seller Tools: Salesfreak, Zikanalytics,
- Dropshipping Tools: Oagenius, AutoDS
Unleash the Full Potential of your Amazon Business with Live Training
Join the masterminds behind ZonGuru's Product Research as they reveal their secret, data-driven methods for FBA success! UNLOCK EXPERT LIVE TRAINING
- Schedule a Live Training
- Replay Training Sessions
- Option for FREE ZonGuru Trial
I and my team research various online verticals and can help you kickstart your Amazon business; so you could rake in more greenbacks with the best-recommended tools. Tap into the power of online retail business with me. I am just a mail away, so reach out to me if you want to scale up your niche business. mail: [email protected]